Thursday 13 June 2013

“It's the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance.” --Bette Midler

OK one week left, how did that happen?! The last two weeks have passed incredibly quickly. I can’t decide whether I like that or not! It is very strange to think that this time next week, I’m done.

The goodbyes have started. Not liking those much! The first was the worst, but perhaps that was to be expected. Some lovely things were said to me. It seems I might have done OK after all. It is a silly thing, but just to hear it and from people who I have really looked up to meant a LOT. By the time it came for the hugs I had all but lost the power of speech with the effort of not bursting into tears! I was very glad of the 15 minute walk to my office afterwards since it gave me the opportunity to morph into a veritable blubbing snot monster without witnesses! Another tear-jerker was attending the very last date in my Social Programme Calendar. Oh goodbyes I do not like you!  However, I don't think I could have asked for a nicer event to have ended on - many giggles, many smiles - just how I like it!


 
Over the last few days, the bulk of my time has been spent sorting out the handover. Much of this has involved tidying up the ‘real’ and electronic resources I have accumulated. There are many of these. I have also been writing some new documents which go through step by step, each element of my role. There are also many of these! It is a strange thing to sit down and actually think about everything that I do like this. Kinda nice though to be able to look at it all and think, I did that!

It is looking very unlikely now that I will meet the new ‘me’. I am really curious to know who they will be and what they will make of it all.  I found myself this morning suffering pangs of jealousy! It seems the thought of someone else organising MY social programme, MY visa workshops, MY drop-ins, MY inductions, MY students, ALL of MY lovely job does not sit well with me! Better perhaps then that we don't meet, quite possible I'd scare them off with the crazy jealous version of me! Although, thinking on that - a plan....?  This whole starting a new adventure is becoming all to real, maybe I could just stay here a bit longer.  It's a big world out there, am I ready eeeeeeek?!

No comments:

Post a Comment