Wednesday 26 June 2013

“You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

So today is the first day of my new life as a teacher! I've got three weeks work at a local primary school teaching dance as part of their after school club.  It sits in really well with the teaching I have been involved with so far and I really can't wait to see how working in a primary school compares! I've been reading their website to find out a little more about the school and it looks like I have some very high standards to reach!  It seriously seems to be a fantastic school with some excellent teaching and learning provision.  I am so, SO excited about the thought of being part of it!  

 

The theme for Lesson One is Space. My remit being to create a fun environment from which the children learn through play, I decided there was only one thing for it: SPACE PIRATES!  I so enjoyed it, more importantly of course I felt the children really did too!  I felt much more in control of the class this time and so I would like to think the madness that ensued, was in fact organised chaos!  The children really got involved with every exercise and responded really well to the ideas.  It was great seeing them use their imaginations so creatively! Hilarious seeing the reactions of other children and teachers passing by, keen on seeing no doubt what we were up to!  Teachers tended to be much more tentative, but a swift smile and nod in my direction followed on every occasion which I hope means I got the the thumbs up and will be allowed back next time.  Thinking on which, perhaps I do need to prepare something a little calmer.  I was asleep by 8.30pm, which as an insomniac is quite the achievement!  They wore me out for sure! 



No comments:

Post a Comment