Monday 24 June 2013

"Nobody puts Baby in the corner" ---Johnny, Dirty Dancing

So it has finally arrived, my last day on campus!  The baby of the office is leaving!!  That's me on below signed out by the lovely Paula FOR EVER!  Weird!

It was a strange strange day! It was essentially business as usual for most of it.  Then 4pm came.  I was so engrossed in my emails that I didn't notice anyone coming in.  When I did finally look up the office was crowded and all faces looking in my direction!  My manager gave a lovely speech, I was really touched.  I should have prepared something to say in return, the thank you and I miss you already I just about managed didn't seem enough! I have met so many lovely, lovely people.  I am genuinely so upset at the thought of not seeing them every day! I have warned them, that come Monday I am likely to have missed them too much and they can most likely expect to see me at my desk as usual!

Well Monday came and the temptation for a lie in won against the wanting to get back to the office - sorry office peeps, you know I love you really!  I finally managed to actually open the card I was given and read the lovely words.  I think everyone should leave at least once a month, it is good for the soul to have written down all the love you have!  Failing that, we should just tell each other more! And on that note I am off to ring the super sister who put a post on my fb wall today and made me laugh, smile and cry all at the same time!  Feeling pretty blessed right now and like I am very certainly the luckiest girl in the world!








No comments:

Post a Comment